- a mountain? a hill? a roller coaster? a waterslide?
Use this link for more information about Summer Slide.
After all our hard work in Grade 2 and 3 this year, we really don't want to Summer Slide too much! We thought of a huge list of ideas to keep this from happening. But don't forget - everyone needs some time to relax, including our teacher!
- go on the internet and go to Mathletics, Happy Numbers, Teach Your Monster to Read, ABC YA, Raz-Kids, Storybird, Storyline Online, Sand Castle Spelling, and lots more learning websites
- read a book -go to the library, look in your room, trade with a friend, shop yard sales
- practice math facts - flashcards, calculator, card games, dice games, board games
- writing - practice cursive, write and illustrate a book,write a diary, use up old scribblers
- art - drawing, colouring, plasticine or playdough, sidewalk chalk
- science - experiments with ice cubes, plants, balloons, build structures
- social studies - research a special place, read maps
- gym - bike, play tag, swim, mini sticks, skip, soccer, catch, run, exercises, trampoline, swing, baseball, football, volleyball, basketball,treadmill, dance , just dance
- music - karaoke, play instrument, sing,
- french - read the cereal box, read the French captions on DVD
- agendas - French, trouble words, internet passwords, shapes, math facts
- There are lots more ideas on the internet! Try Pinterest or a Google Search.