Thursday 25 September 2014

Limitations of Blogger

I have enjoyed sharing our classroom with the readers but I am also aware that some of the content, like videos, can sometimes not be viewable by some mobile devices like iPhones or tablets. There may be web browsers other than Safari that will play video, but I'm not entirely sure about that.  Sometimes there is also an issue with bandwidth or signal strength that don't allow large blog posts to come to your screen.
We love to have comments on our blog but again, I have heard that mobile devices look like the comment posts but it never shows up on the blog.  I am sent an email notification when a comment is made but it seems to need to be from a desktop or laptop computer.  If this is a problem for you, you are more than welcome to use our classroom computers before or after school or at a recess any time!  Your child can set you up with their headphones and show you the blog to see the parts you are missing.
No technology will ever be the perfect solution but I like the way this blog keeps families aware of what we are doing to reinforce that learning at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment